Sunday, September 15, 2019

My Student Prayer Script

Have started my internship duties at Uptown Church focusing in the area of mercy ministry. The picture above is the internship-lunch-teaching session led by Ps Tom Hawkes and Ps Dave Kulp. The rest of us are the interns (of which I am obviously the oldest one ...). The lesson for us that day was - "What is a theologically-driven ministry?".

On a personal note, I have crafted a prayer script for myself to keep the main thing the main thing as I study in seminary and not lose sight of the larger perspective. Hope it will be a blessing to you as well.

O Lord, thank You for calling me to a life of ministry to serve you with the special gift granted through Your manifold grace (1 Pet 4:10). I am a servant of my Lord before I am a student of the institution (Ro 1:1). Before duty, is devotion. Before work, is worship. 

Renew a steadfast spirit within me (Ps 51:10)  and grant me wisdom to complete (not compete) with endurance (Jam 1:4-5). Holy Spirit, use my assignments to create a thirst for the Presence of the Living God, a holy panting! (Ps 42:1-2). Unite my heart and guard me from distractions that I may fear Your Name (Ps 86:11). I cast my burden of anxious providence upon You (Ps 55:22) because You will grant me all things I need to abound in every good work (2 Cor 9:8). I rest in Your Faithfulness to bring to pass that which you have called me to (1 Thes 5:24). For our loved ones at home, we entrust them unto Your loving care.

While I am here, I make every effort to present myself before God as a proven worker who has no need to be ashamed, but keeps the message of truth on a straight path (2 Tim 2:15).

Fill me, O Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in excellence that I may fulfill the good work set aside for me in Jesus Christ (Ex 31:3, Eph 2:10).

I serve You with the strength You supply so that my Lord Jesus Christ gets the glory (1 Pet 4:11). May I study not with the weariness of duty but with the wisdom of fearing You and obeying Your commandments (Ecc 12:12-13). Bless me with a mind for truth, a heart for God and a life of ministry. Be exalted, Lord Jesus Christ, My Beloved, My First Love.

- Revised Nov 30, 2019

Please pray for us
Eunice will be sitting for her SAT next month - please pray for her preparations in the midst of her school work that she will be able to rightly divide her time. Also, we will be making the university decision very soon as she is in her senior year at high school. Please pray for wisdom and clarity of direction.

During the Fall Break (Oct 7-11), I will be coming home to Malaysia to conduct a corporate client training session. Thank God for this providential opportunity in terms of easing our financial need. Please pray for me to be diligent in completing my seminary assignments/exams ahead of this training so that I will be in the right state of mind (mentally and physically) to deliver the content.

Thank you for partnering with us in this journey of joy.

Joseph, Debra & Eunice.

2 comments:

  1. You are in good hands- the Lord has never failed in his providence and provision, the uptown church is a caring and faithful church.
    I like the prayer you had crafted. It is like the compass pointing North and you know where you are.
    See you in Malaysia soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete