Monday, September 28, 2020

Honeymoon 2.0 a.k.a. Empty Nest

With Eliza working in Georgia  and Eunice studying in Tennessee, the both of us now in North Carolina have officially started our season of Honeymoon 2.0 with mixed emotions - a sense of hopeful anticipation of the days ahead and yet feeling kind of empty-in-a-thankful-sort-of-way. This is so strange, we have always worked towards our daughters' independence and now, that it is here, it is kind of surreal. The saying - letting go and letting God - doesn't seem so cliché anymore.

Time flies - I started on my 2nd M.Div. year last month and am grateful to the Lord for sustaining me through the last academic year in RTS. "Morning by morning new mercies I see; all I have needed Thy hand hath provided - Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me". Praise the Lord for providing a number of online coaching projects which gave some measure of financial relief and also kept me in touch with what's going on with my client base back home. I always find it refreshing to talk to people back home (feel so much more relaxed in my Malaysian English accent and jokes!).

Please pray for the outworking of what it means when Paul instructed Timothy to "fulfill your ministry" (1 Timothy 4:5) especially for both Debra and myself as a couple. We so need to be sensitive to the Lord's guidance so that we are mindful of His holy calling - "not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity" (2 Timothy 1:9). Please pray for the outworking of His purpose and for His glory in our lives. More than the honeymoon, we desire the better option - honey-from-the-Rock! (Psalm 81:16). Amen.

Do let us know how we can pray for you and your family.

Thanks for partnering with us in this journey of joy.

Joseph & Debra Tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment